Because Every Child Needs a Family

"Whatever you did for one
of the least of these . . you did for me." Matt 25:40

Us

Thursday, January 15, 2009

. . . One . . .

"I'm okay to go," Jodie foster said quietly, sitting in the space pod that would soon whisk her across the universe. Mission control kept asking her if she was okay so she started repeating it over and over as the sound of the machine grew louder and louder. "Okay to go . . okay to go . . .okay to go . . "

Last minute scrambling to get a few more things packed for the kids: balloons, candy, books. Yesterday a lady from the Longmont newspaper called wanting to do a story on the families that are adopting from Ukraine in our area. "Yes!!" An hour just talking away about the last four years with our Boulder County fost/adopt experiences. Shared the story of my great grandpa whom I'm so proud of that had an orphanage in Ukraine. I showed her pictures. Praying Jesus will bless the story. (Its okay Kari) A raccoon visiting our garage left us a present. My fault, forgot to close the door. Cover the beds so they will be fresh when the girls come home. Give the plants I moved last summer some extra water. The dry winter kills here. Pack my crochet hook so I have something to do there. I hope I can find a yarn shop. (Poor Ukraine, someone should warn them a woman with too much time on her hands is coming with a crochet hook). Talk to Mom and give her all the phone numbers for everyone. Find out a good friend has cancer. Think about making lunch for tomorrow. Pack some more yarn. Wait for Rolan to come home. I get to be with him on this trip. I love that idea.

I'm okay to go, okay to go.

4 comments:

Debora Hoffmann said...

Woohoo! I'm so excited for you! I'm sure there's yarn somewhere in Ukraine; you'll just have to find it. :-)

Carrie said...

Hurray. The day has finally arrived. Best wishes for a very smooth trip.

Kari said...

Glad it was okay ;) Been thinking about you and praying for you all week! Glad you will be the first to meet our kiddos! Let the adventures begin for the Christoffersons! BLASTOFF!

Tami said...

YEA!!!!! I know I'm a little late coming to the going way party, but hope you had a safe trip. Be sure to let us know how we can be praying for you! :)