Because Every Child Needs a Family

"Whatever you did for one
of the least of these . . you did for me." Matt 25:40

Us

Monday, January 12, 2009

. . .Four . . .

The rooms are getting cleaned up. The purple room is beautiful! Starting to pack. What a chore. Okay, maybe we really don't need 55 packets of instant oatmeal. We are going to Ukraine not the wilderness. Take the 'pepcid' out of the box since it's twice the size of the container. Grouping stuff together for ease of organization. The plastic zippered bags you get when you buy sheets and blankets are good for that. I have my medicine bag, my 'thank you' gift bags in a bag, my entertaining-and-educating-the-girls bag and my . . . okay, my suitcase full of hats. My secret fear is that they will be so geeky the kids won't want them.

Remembering what a scaredy-cat I am about everything. Really getting nervous. There was a sermon yesterday morning but I had trouble focusing on it. Not that I was making mental lists or anything. I've trained myself not to worry but the nebulous fear is still with me. The worst thing to do is allow it to paralyze me. The temptation to do nothing rears its head. Nothing. Just do what Ive been doing. I've already raised kids. Hey, life doing nothing isn't so bad! Yeah, right. I would rather suffer with difficult children than be guilty of doing nothing. You know its a trick of the enemy if it makes you ineffective for the kingdom. Not an option.
Last night, rather unexpectedly, a sudden peace came over me. It was so relaxing. I knew it meant someone was praying for us. Thank you.

4 comments:

Jim said...

Looking forward to seeing you in Kiev!

Jim

Kari said...

I am praying for you two! I think 30 packets of oatmeal will suffice ;)If you go with really low expectations like we did, then you will just be pleasantly surprised all along the way. See you tomorrow night!
Love,
Kari
PS: Twyla says the gas is back on-hooray!

Heidi and Felix said...

Glad to hear about your peace! You're doing His work, and His plan will unfold quickly for your family. Trust Him and you'll be fine.

See you soon!
Love,
Heidi

ArtworkByRuth said...

How funny!We too removed the packets of oatmeal, but are taking a case of "hotties" hand warmers to keep us comfortable! HUGS and blessings to you!