Because Every Child Needs a Family

"Whatever you did for one
of the least of these . . you did for me." Matt 25:40

Us

Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Dust Settles

Even though it means our Sasha and Nastia must wait a little longer, our advocate/facilitator over there in Ukraine, tells us we probably won't go until February. I'm a little relieved. I was dreading going over during Christmas due to the expensive flights, Holiday closures of Ukrainian government offices, and leaving our boys (tho they be grown) without us during Christmas time.

I've heard there is a Ukrainian family interested in our girls who are waiting.

It is good to know Jesus during these times.

4 comments:

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Even if your appointment isn't until February, the time will pass quickly.
It's really best not to be there during Christmas. Our boys won't let us forget that we were gone last Christmas! lol

I'm not sure exactly where you live, but we live on the Gulf Coast and have never experienced 10 or more below zero! I think it feels colder there too. Kiev is not so bad. I'm not sure why. We didn't feel the need to bundle up as much as the locals. We got some odd looks;)

June
PS - I did answer your question in the other post:) I think the reason is that Ukrainians LOVE their holidays. lol

Heidi and Felix said...

We were with our facilitator, Olga, when she told us you had a date! I'm glad you worked out the details.

Felix

Heidi and Felix said...

We're shocked and saddened to hear the girls could be adopted before you get there. But, from our experience, His plan will be the right plan for your family. If it is His plan, the girls will be waiting for you to bring them home. Praying for peace for you both.
Love,
Heidi

Heidi and Felix said...

Sorry, I meant the she told us you were submitted. My honey corrected me!