Because Every Child Needs a Family

"Whatever you did for one
of the least of these . . you did for me." Matt 25:40

Us

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Too Quiet


A mixed blessing really. On one hand I want action! Someone dig in my yard with a back hoe or call me and tell me to take my papers to the immigration service in downtown Denver or something!
On the other hand, I want everyone to leave me alone so I can just work in my garden. Quietly dig weeds, divide perennials, spread mulch, plant annuals. Just let the lovely spring sunshine warm my air deprived skin. Smell the blossoms of flowering fruit trees and early bulbs. Meditate on life, the universe and everything. Doesn't that sound peaceful?

Some Ukrainian adoption friends e-mailed to say for $2500 each, we can have Ukrainian orphan kids come and stay the summer with us. Well . . . much thought. No guarantee we would be able to adopt the kids that spend the entire 10 weeks of summer with us. Hmmmm. House won't be ready when they arrive June 1. "Its okay girls, we usually have an outside wall in this room that will someday be your bedroom." Hmmm. Can we borrow for a couple of weeks someone else's Ukrainian orphans? Yes. Maybe that sounds like a better option. Thinking about it some more.

They still want to start digging on Monday. So glad that hasn't changed!

1 comment:

Jeff T. said...

I dunno...if there's no guarantee of adopting the "summer loaners"...it might be hard on all of you emotionally. My two cents.

On another note...I'm glad one of us can work outside! We have this very late winter storm skirting us on the east. We may get no snow...though windchills in the teens are no fun in late April. But the folks an hour east of us may have a foot of snow by the time this is over tomorrow afternoon.