Because Every Child Needs a Family

"Whatever you did for one
of the least of these . . you did for me." Matt 25:40

Us

Friday, April 11, 2008

Delays Delays

The lead construction worker knocked on my door last Wednesday and said meekly that the building permits aren't approved yet. (Thanks for the heads up Rich!) He said we could either begin demo now in hopes that the permit will come through when they are ready to put humpty together again (two weeks) or we could wait until the permits to come through to begin.

Well, that is a no brainer!

I can see Ro and I sitting the freezing house while the last of the winter snow storms reminds us that it will be impossible to heat a home that has a whole side missing! My cats would file for a divorce and I would be temped to build a campfire grabbing anything and everything that burns just to keep my ever freezing body warm.

No thank you kindly, Sir. I think I will sit in my cozy home with its walls intact to wait for Boulder County to finish pouring over the fine print . . .

On the adoption front, I am waiting for our local agent to get back from a week long training to finish our papers so we can take them to the US Gov.

Prayer request:
Right now the Ukraine government only allows so many of its orphans to be adopted out of country a year. Its not a huge number. I'll have to get that for you. Something like 5,000 families mostly from US, Italy and Spain. The problem is, that is only 10,000 kids at most per year. There are 100,000 in orphanages and 100,000 on the streets. My heart breaks for the kids who long to be adopted (almost all) languishing in these orphanages when there are so many families who have to wait because there are more than 5,000 families a year that wish to adopt them.
Pray that the gov would throw out the limits. Ro and I can wait. The children can't.

1 comment:

Jeff T. said...

Eileen:

My church has started a congregational prayer journal which is prominently placed in the sanctuary...I will add an entry for this request in there.