Because Every Child Needs a Family

"Whatever you did for one
of the least of these . . you did for me." Matt 25:40

Us

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Let The Mayhem Begin!

I heard a low growl from Scilla as two jeaned legs walked into the backyard.
No doubt her kitty senses were tingling with the knowledge that she would spend the next six weeks under my bed.
Yes, its true Dear Readers, even as I write there is a man I met only yesterday pounding on some unsuspecting wall in my very family room! There is a backhoe parked where my trailer used to be and a large dumpster bearing the name of the construction company casting a large shadow on my leafing spirea. (I've been looking forward to that dumpster to rid our garage of some clutter too big for the trash can.)
My wonderful and magical husband managed to gently guide the internet and TV cable in through the dining room window so I can keep you posted and watch 'Samantha Who.' Though probably not at the same time.
I have taken pics of the progress but you will have to wait until tomorrow 'cause I have to ask Ro about the right plug into the computer case. Just use your imagination while looking at the lower level of the house shown in the photo below. Now, there is a big hole where the bottom wall used to be. Tomorrow (at 7am I am told), they will turn the key on that backhoe parked where my trailer used to be and make their way toward the area just outside that big hole in the house to make a bigger one. No doubt we will be awakened to the "beep . . . beep . . . beep" of the great yellow machine backing up and delivering towering mounds of dirt to an obscure corner of my yard. I'm told there will be quite a lot. Okay, but it's MY dirt. Good for planting stuff in. Eventually. Somewhere in my yard. I don't know where yet. Some time tomorrow afternoon they will get out their cement saw and start cutting away at the, well, cement and make a lot of dust and noise and there will be water everywhere. Poor Scilla. I think I will join her under the bed.

I may not write every day but I will try and share some photos if there is something to see. I hear they don't do much if it snows . . .

On a slightly different note, we have decided to host those little, Ukrainian, available-for-adoption-girls, for the summer. Waiting for photos and ages and background and stuff. Yes, we could get attached. Probably will in fact. We will have fun doing it. Not only that but it beats moving dirt all summer.

No comments: