Because Every Child Needs a Family

"Whatever you did for one
of the least of these . . you did for me." Matt 25:40

Us

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Papers and Other Terrors

The construction company is officially finished.
So I says to myself, "Why in the world should I pay a contractor to paint my house when I am perfectly capable of doing it myself?"
The new addition outside.
"I'll save a bundle for sure!"
Its a split level so the eaves are way up there.
"I like to paint."
The kitchen addition inside too.
"It will just take a few days."

Five days of painting. I'm tired of painting. Its really quite amazing how much paint we've accumulated in the 15 years we've been here. At least 5 different gallons of "white" and I still can't find the "white" that matches the ceiling in the kitchen. I'm starting to think 'Hillsborough Beige' looks exactly like the nylons I used to buy. The rough-wood-gray-outside-stain stuff is like water. Do you really just put it on with a roller? It's so drippy. I bet it would work better if I just poured it on the siding from the upstairs window.
(Haven't done that one yet but I'm tempted.)

So miss the girls. I don't even have their address. Not a good feeling. I'm working on it by pleading with people that have connections over there. I'm hoping Sasha will write a letter and send it in one of the SASE I gave her. Of course, they don't have a return addresses on them . . .

Painting the house is such a downer after the great summer we had together. Oh gee, I guess I'll clean out the game closet next week. Doesn't that sound exciting?
(Sorry, just a little bitterness seeping through.)

Papers. Yeah. I keep thinking that any day now we will be able to send our dossier over the great ocean to the country beyond (that would be Ukraine). We send papers to the lady that checks them very carefully to see if there are any booboos and she tells us there are corrections that need to be made and we make them and send them back and then she tells us there are some more papers. Its kind of like painting. Do you ever finish, really? But I think we are almost ready this time! When she finally says they are okay, I have to take the whole bundle down to Denver where the lord high keeper of the notaries will check to make sure the notaries are really notarized to be notaries and not just people with fancy embossing equipment maniacally stamping otherwise innocent looking papers just for kicks. I can't wait.



I wonder if they really ever find notaries that aren't notarized.

3 comments:

Debora Hoffmann said...

Goodness. I want to know what sorts of things they tell you to change in your paperwork. Yikes! Oh, and the painting does sound like a terror.

Kari said...

LOL. I wonder what the sentence is for illegally notarizing?

Rolan and Eileen said...

Oh, good question Debbie! Each of your papers should have a date, signature and notary stamp from the notary. I've discovered notaries aren't hard to find and they do it at no cost. We have a great one at church and Ro's work. The lady at Ro's work keeps forgetting to sing or date. We would use the one at church but her term expires sooner. End of next year I think. Both are very eager to do what they can to help. I discovered that it is best to do your time consuming papers first, like homestudy and then medical and passport and then the quick stuff like employment verification because it takes so long to get these and dates expire after 6 months. Does that help?