Because Every Child Needs a Family

"Whatever you did for one
of the least of these . . you did for me." Matt 25:40

Us

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Chew on This


I watched Nastia take a bite of a small piece of watermelon. She doesn't have an under bite but she chews that way. We had taken them both to the dentist, just for a look, earlier that summer. He told us that Sasha has fillings (though poor ones). Her decay would be lost over the next year because they were inhabiting baby teeth. Nastia had no fillings and 6 cavities that were, indeed, causing her not a little discomfort.
I borrowed Heidi's host kid teens to play with Sash and told Nast that we were going somewhere together. On the way, I told Nastia that Ukraine dentists were not so good and American dentists were good and that I wanted to help her teeth not hurt so much. She accepted that.
She was amazing. A little nitrous oxide and one hour later and we went home without so much as a whimper. After the Novocaine wore off, she wanted to know WHEN WE CAN GO BACK! I had already made a second appt for this week. She practically jumped up and down! "I hurt here and here and here," she said. "Okay, I'll tell him that."
After the second appt today, she said she has no more pain.
Good dentists. Just another blessing we take for granted.

No comments: