Because Every Child Needs a Family

"Whatever you did for one
of the least of these . . you did for me." Matt 25:40

Us

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Why I Love America, by Sophia Christofferson

"America is not as hot as Ukraine. My family not hit me every day like in Ukraine. I like the supermarkets, they are bigger than in Ukraine. I like my house, because I don't have a house in Ukraine. I don't have a computer in Ukraine. It is beautiful outside in America. I like America because we never in Ukraine go to camp, and not go swimming and I never saw before fire trucks. I like America because the school helps me learn English. In Ukraine we learned a little English be we cannot understand, but in America I learn a lot. I like America because in Ukraine I never had good house, but slept outside. I like America because all my sisters are close to me. In Ukraine I was never very clean, but in America I can take a shower. I like America because there are no boys hitting me. I like America because the teachers never take money away from me."

2 comments:

Heidi and Felix said...

Why I love Spohia Christopherson.

In America, Sophia is thriving, she is happy and giving her new life a chance. She realizes the opportunity that she has here and appreciates what her family does for her. She is a wonderful young lady with a bright future, an energetic personality and a can do attitude. Sophia, I am happy to call you my friend. May you always achieve success and happiness.

Felix

ArtworkByRuth said...

Crying sweet happy tears for you and Sophia! Thanks for sharing! Praying for God's peace and continued healing for all our kids! God Bless!